Friday, July 8, 2011

Puttin' A Ring On It (aka I'm So Original)

You knew this was gonna happen. I love me some Beyoncé and this song never gets old for me. If I had a halo ring I would totally have posted Halo instead. Alas, I do not.



Not sure why the video is so small, but Blogger won't let me change the size. Oh well. On to my ring! As you have read in this post we decided to use my Gramma's ring as an engagement ring. I means so much to me. It has pretty much everything I wanted in a ring. It is yellow gold with a lot of metal work, eight round diamonds that are channel set, and 12 baguette diamonds as well. I love the fact that it looks like there is an "X" and the ring itself makes an "O". Kind of like xoxoxoxox! I originally wanted a diamond or moissanite, but this ring has a very large (to me) peridot. I really disliked it at first. Light lime green is not my thing. At first I kept telling people, "Oh don't worry, we're getting it replaced before the wedding." Everyone thought I was crazy. Everyone to a one loved it the way it is. And you know what? It has quickly grown on me. I no longer see a garish lime green. Its a soft, muted green. It compliments the yellow gold beautifully. Not to mention to find a diamond big enough to fit the setting would be most likely out of my budget! Unfortunately, I have yet to find a marquise moissanite. Oh yeah...that was one of my other must-haves. I love, love, LOVE marquise cut stones. Yum. Now for a million pictures of said ring!

Sorry about my chubby little hands and old nail polish job. 
My camera is great for regular shots, but for some reason it really hates my ring. Like...HATES.

Fancy side shot with random horned Pegasus?
Work it, Ring!

This is one of my favorite sides of the ring. Thank you 40 year old Singer for your Vanna White.
I can't tell you (again) how much I love this thing. Its soooo sparkly since it came back from Noe's Jewelry. I had them tighten the fitting and they, of course, cleaned it. I really like this local place. They were very helpful and extremely prompt about contacting me. I did not know it until today but they were right on the money with how long it would take. They said after the holiday and apparently they called my mom right after the fourth. I thought it would be best they call her because I rarely answer my phone unless its a text. She forgot to tell me it was in. Even after I asked her. Numerous times. Grrr. I was missing it so much! Anyways, now I'm searching ideas for bands to go with the engagement ring. With the shape of the ring I will have to get a band custom made. I'm definitely taking it back to Noe's to have them make it. I'm thinking something like this for inspiration.
Israel Rose

I really like the idea of darker emeralds to frame the lighter peridot. I think I want two bands, but we will have to see how much it will be to custom make these babies!

1 comment:

  1. peridot is my birthstone :D I approve *such a pretty green colour it is too!*

    ReplyDelete