Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cutterpede!

CUTTERPEDE! Cutter! Pede! cutterpedecutterpedecutterpede! /longbreath Ahhhhhhhhhhhhcuuutterpeeeeeeeede!

You might be asking for a little of what I'm smoking, but all I'm breathing in is the highly intoxicating smell of paper. And paper products. And other assorted office supplies. This stuff is my heroin. My mom used to often bring home the teeny packs of post-its.

 
Yay Post-its! This is my crack!

I would beg and beg her to give me some. Please, Mom, I SWEAR its my last shot of post-its if you just give them to me this time. Sometimes I would resort to stealing them from her. Or pens. My Dad used to come home with the most delicious pens. So smooth, so pretty.
 
My favorites!
Forget taking me to Sam's Club or Costco. I would happily drool over the mega packs of office supplies for hours. I once bought a pack of 20,000 staples for three bucks. Who needs 20 thousand staples?! In all fairness, at the regular store you only get like 100 for three bucks. Anyways! Earlier this year we updated Mr. Bliss' crappy old phone to a Droid.  Its way more than any phone should cost, but it really makes him happy and I get to play air hockey or the Bubble Shooter game while waiting for class or when waiting for food at restaurants. The phone cost $200 with a $50 rebate. I was told that $50 was ALL mine. I thought about it for a few weeks. I wanted to get something special. I've had my eyes on these shoes for a while.
All its Børn-y goodness!
I was promised more shoes this fall so I'm not going to waste fun money on something I'm getting anyways. So no reason to get shoes, clothes, make up or nail polish. I was thinking something wedding related, but its so far our I'm trying not to buy so much.

Firstly, I subscribed to the magazine Brides. I love this magazine, but at six bucks a pop it was it was getting a little crazy. Subscriptions are so much cheaper. I get crazy amounts of ideas from it and I love the very helpful articles. The second item was an epiphany. One of my Brides articles mentioned a list of essential crafting tools for any DIY bride. That would be me. I ordered a paper cutter, an extra scoring blade, some paper punches, stamps, and a hot glue gun. I ended spending more than $50 but I was owed some fun stuff!
Hence the title.
I love this thing! Thank you Amnystik from WeddingBee for suggesting this! It works so awesome! (Great English right?) The scoring blade is so amazing! And because I ordered it from Amazon I saved eight dollars! Score! Also, the morning Mr. Bliss plopped this in my lap I screamed, "CUTTERPEDE!!!!!!" And ran around doing my Cutterpede dance. I now call Mr. Bliss Cutterpede at times. Or I randomly text him CUTTERPEDE! I love this thing.
Glue Gun!
I don't yet know how I feel about the cordlessness of this gun. However, stay tuned for the first DIY I did with it for my sister's wedding. I have no other words than...
I tried to make it as ridiculous as possible. Made by meh!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! This is the first post of yours I've read, and I'm hooked :)

    We must have been twin sisters growing up...I totally relate to the love of parental office supplies!

    I need to go check out the Cutterpede of which you speak. Thanks for the tip, you seem totally in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I so am! Can you tell by the insane picture I made?! But seriously, the thing works and works awesome. I won't lie I use it just randomly almost every day. And I just found a super unopened pack of ivory card stock I didnt know I had...Gonna start messing around with it for invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, if I didnt have post its I would DIE. Seriously

    Also, I cant wait to see what you do with all those goodies for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete