Friday, July 1, 2011

The Proposal...Just Kidding!

Whew, the tension! Two or three months after getting the tax money and then seeing it quickly fade away. I finally had to put my foot down. What in the heck was going on? Why the hold up? He told me he wasn't ready to get married; mainly because he didn't know how we were going to be in the future. He just didn't know. I was devastated. I was heartbroken. I may have cried for a week straight. He still loved me, I knew that. I just didn't feel good enough. I knew he didn't mean to hurt me and that growing up the way he did had a lot to do with those feelings. Once I calmed down I asked him to talk to two people about his feelings. The first was a good friend from back home who had recently (a year ago last week!) gotten married. I felt that someone his age could give him a super real feeling for what its like to get married. The second was his "Dad" (more on that later). Mr. Bliss' Dad didn't get married for the first time until he was in his 50's. Thankfully, he talked to them in a timely manner. If they had told him that it was a bad idea to get married I would have accepted that. Luckily, their advice was "You'll never know the future so do what feels right in the moment!" Hurray! Now lets get engaged!!


Oh, right. My engagement ring money was gone. Mr. Bliss insisted we get a big ring! Lots of diamonds! Something to show he's a man! Who can afford an expensive ring! (He can't.) So now we have to wait again! I was slightly livid. More than anything I wanted a promise that we would be together in 5, 10, 50 years from now. It wasn't the ring. It wasn't the diamonds. I would have proudly displayed a friggin twist tie. I didn't know what to do. He wanted to get engaged. I wanted to get engaged. I suggested a ring that I was given after my Grandmother died. She and I were especially close and the ring has her birthstone in it. It means so much to me, means so much love, why not that ring, Mister? He hated the idea. Everyone was going to think he took the cheap way out. The center stone isn't a diamond. No, no, NO! It felt like this struggle had been going on for months. I was not happy anymore. I told him he had until August, our fourth year anniversary, to propose or we would stop acting like a married couple. He would owe me half the rent, half of the food, half of everything. If he didn't propose by the fifth year I wasn't gonna waste anymore of my time. He knows how much I want a family and there's only so many baby making years.

It had finally sunk in and I didn't have too long to wait....

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text and zero pictures. Oh heck, I'll put in a random one. My mom's dog, Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment