Sunday, July 10, 2011

Delta India Yankee

Alfa Bravo Charlie? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Do you know what I'm saying yet? You'd never make the A-Team. I love this Alphabet. Anyways, as soon as I introduced myself to the wedding blogosphere I knew I wanted to be a DIY bride. I couldn't do traditional. I couldn't do a church ceremony and a ballroom reception with the flower centerpieces in a regular vase. Forget the DJ, baker, bridal salon, and the pastor. This wedding is gonna be so US (ok, well maybe mostly me) and unlike anything our families have seen. That's not to say they haven't been seen on the web, because I'm pretty good at being a copy cat.

This week I won't be posting much. I usually get to write while doing laundry and this week I took a turn at cleaning the apartment while Mr. Bliss did the laundry. So instead I'm going to write out my current DIY list for you all. Am I nuts? Yes, its pretty safe to say I am.

  1. wedding website (started)
  2. out of town bags (also doing this for my sister's wedding)
  3. favors for said bags
  4. STD luggage tags (fabric tags and paper STD's to put inside)
  5. vows & the whole ceremony
  6. wedding dress (possibly-more on that later)
  7. bridesmaid necklaces
  8. veil & fascinator (also doing for sister)
  9. fabric flowers (bride, BMs, bouts, decor)
  10. emergency kits
  11. decorating shoes
  12. garter 
  13. chair sashes (possibly)
  14. table cloths
  15. napkins & napkin rings
  16. center pieces (mason jars, lace, & baby's breath)
  17. stamped dessert napkins
  18. pew decor
  19. lighting (hanging glass jars & candles)
  20. photobooth
  21. mr. & mrs. chair signs
  22. song lists (ipod- rehearsal, ceremony, dinner, dancing, after party)
  23. reserved seating signs for pews
  24. bathroom baskets
  25. alter
  26. dessert bar 
  27. dessert trays
  28. food (rehearsal/welcome dinner, reception dinner, morning after brunch)
  29. invitations (reply card/envelope, map insert, directions, travel/accommodations, envelope liner)
  30. program
  31. guest book (wish tags)
  32. menu cards
  33. menu stands
  34. thank you cards
Whew! Good thing I have about three years to make all of this stuff!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crapadoddle!

    :O You put me to shame you DIY goddess you! Jebus I could never do that many project at all. All Im doing is my flowers, possibly uplighting, and pseudo- personalizing my store bought stationary.
    I cant wait to see all these things in progress!

    ReplyDelete