Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DIY: Getting My Lisa Frank On

You know me and office supplies. It would follow that I love being organized. In some (very minor) ways I am just like my mother. Say it to my face and I will slap you. In my mother's house she has an office with three bookcases. One bookcase is entirely full of binders. Binders for taxes, binders for dog stuff, binders for charity work. You better believe both my sister (she is also engaged) and I have binders for our weddings. In fact, my first DIY project as my sister's MOH was to make her binder. I wish I had taken a picture of it. I really think every bride should have her own binder.



Items Needed
1.5" binder- any color, preferable with an envelope. (buy here) 
(2) sheets of scrap booking paper
pens, post-its, mini calendar, other fun little things
any other scrap booking doo-dads and paper punches (optional)
I actually kind of hate my front. I will be changing it soon to reflect our theme better.

When you have some idea of the colors/themes/style you want your wedding to reflect pick out a colored binder and scrap booking paper to match. Cut each piece to fit into the front, back, and side slots of the binder. Then decorate as you would like. There is no such thing as going too crazy with this.
Envelope is helpful!

Inside I usually use the envelope to save every receipt spent on wedding items. This way I know exactly what shape my budget is in. I keep pens and post-its handy. Clear sheet protectors are also super nice to have. Otherwise, I have used the forms from Russell & Hazel to keep me organized. There are some I don't use and some I have to make myself. Nonetheless, they are very helpful, even if you just use the guest list template!

No comments:

Post a Comment